J.J. Taylor Companies Announces New CNG Station Open House
Beer Distributor Putting 43 CNG Vehicles In-Service by February 2013
TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- J.J. Taylor Companies, Inc. announced an Open House today, celebrating the launch of its private compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling station and its transition to the more environmentally friendly, domestically produced fuel. With its corporate offices in Jupiter, FL, J.J. Taylor has beer distribution operations in Tampa, Fort Myers and Fort Pierce, Florida as well as in Minneapolis, MN.
J.J. Taylor Companies has ordered 43 Freightliner Business Class M2 112 CNG tractors and plans to completely replace its Tampa-based fleet consisting of 95 diesel tractors to the cleaner burning CNG units within the next 36 months. The tractors are arriving in Tampa and will be in-service by February 2013. Plans for a second station and conversion of the company's 75 tractor fleet in Fort Myers, FL are underway.
As part of its commitment to sustainability, the company has been actively involved in reducing its carbon footprint over the past 5 years by adopting changes in its daily operations, including recycling of carton and paper products, and replacing its warehouse lights to more efficient fluorescent lighting. As part of making its fleet more fuel efficient, the change to CNG is a natural progression. CNG is cleaner with near-zero emissions and therefore less harmful to the environment. It is also a domestic fuel with a lower cost on a Diesel Gallon Equivalent (DGE) basis. The CNG vehicles are also quieter than their diesel counterparts. When idling, four tractors produce the same decibel level as just one diesel tractor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV