PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) today announced the final proration factor of 14.986286 percent for its exchange offer of PPG common stock in connection with the separation of PPG’s commodity chemicals business and merger of Eagle Spinco Inc., the entity holding PPG’s former commodity chemicals business, with a subsidiary of Georgia Gulf Corporation.
On Jan. 28, 2013, a subsidiary of Georgia Gulf Corporation merged with and into Eagle Spinco, with Eagle Spinco surviving the merger. The combined company formed by uniting Georgia Gulf with PPG’s former commodity chemicals business is now named Axiall Corporation and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AXLL.
A total of 68,933,881 shares of PPG common stock were validly tendered in the exchange offer, including 581,782 shares tendered by odd-lot shareholders. Odd-lot shareholders were not subject to proration, and their shares were fully accepted in the offer. All remaining validly tendered shares of PPG common stock were accepted in the exchange on a pro rata basis using the final proration factor. Shares of PPG common stock that were validly tendered but not accepted for exchange will be returned to tendering shareholders.
Under the terms of the exchange offer, 35,249,104 shares of Eagle Spinco common stock were available for distribution in exchange for shares of PPG common stock accepted in the offer. Following the merger, each share of Eagle Spinco common stock automatically converted into the right to receive one share of Axiall Corporation common stock. Accordingly, PPG shareholders who tendered their shares of PPG common stock as part of this offer received 3.2562 shares of Axiall Corporation common stock for each share of PPG common stock accepted for exchange. PPG was able to accept the maximum of 10,825,227 shares of PPG common stock for exchange in the offer, or approximately 7 percent of its outstanding shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV