LOS ANGELES, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Just days after Crystal Cruises' 2013 World Cruise has set sail, the ultra-luxe line has released Crystal Adventures online for its 2014 World Cruise, marking the voyage's earliest-ever availability of guests' outing options. More than 200 shore excursions are now described in detail and offered for pre-reservation at crystalcruises.com. The carefully-curated experiences, ranging from half a day to several days each, will take guests to some of the most awe-striking natural marvels and historically significant landmarks from LA to London, via the Pacific Islands, Asia, Africa, and more. The annual World Cruise, which is considered by cruisers to be the ultimate of luxury travel experiences, sails for 89 days aboard the award-winning Crystal Serenity, starting January 18, 2014.
"So many of our World Cruisers are early planners, committing to the cruise months and years in advance. 2013 was a record-breaking year in that respect, and 2014 and 2015 are shaping up to be similar record-breakers," says John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations. "By allowing guests to explore, and pre-reserve, their shore options now, they can begin connecting with their World Cruise experience all the sooner, planning all the places they'll visit, and growing more excited about their trip ahead with each adventure booked."
In 2014, World Cruise guests will be able to:
- Helicopter over Hawaii, Hong Kong, and Cape Town.
- Safari for native African wildlife, from gorillas to elephants.
- Explore cultural microcosms from Geisha life in Kyoto to Ghandi and Indian sub-culture in South Africa.
- Stay overnight off-ship in several countries, including Vietnam and Cambodia .
- Indulge in hands-on culinary treats, from blending one's own wine near Cape Town or learning traditional tea preparation in Hong Kong to local market shopping and hands-on Creole cooking in Mauritius .
- Visit pivotal WWII Pacific Theatre sites from Tinian to Oahu, including a private lunch with captain of the USS Missouri.