No. 3 worst market: St. Louis
Projected price change: 0.09%
St. Louis' famous arch is a good metaphor for how the housing market there has performed in recent years.
Median home values shot up during the housing boom to $153,700 in February 2007, but tumbled nearly 19% over the next five years.Prices are still down 17.9% from their peak, but Zillow expects they'll rise only $116 in 2013 to finish the year at a median $126,316. Humphries says that like Cincinnati, St. Louis suffers from a lack of demand among today's three key buying groups -- retirees, second-home buyers and foreign purchasers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV