- December 2010:
- Verizon Wireless launched blazing fast 4G LTE network in the Baltimore/Washington, DC area with coverage extending to suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia as well as Annapolis.
- August 2011:
- Verizon Wireless extended 4G LTE coverage up I-270 Corridor to Frederick, MD, including communities of Monrovia, Urbana, Green Valley, Holly Hills and Futura.
- September 2011:
- Verizon Wireless launched 4G LTE on campus at Virginia Tech and in surrounding community of Blacksburg, VA.
- October 2011:
- Verizon Wireless lit up Virginia markets of Richmond and Greater Hampton Roads, VA, including the communities of Norfolk, Newport News and Virginia Beach.
- The company also extended 4G LTE coverage further up I-270 Corridor from Frederick to Hagerstown, and announced plans to expand service south to Myersville, west to Clear Spring, north into Pennsylvania and east to Catoctin Mountain by year's end.
- November 2011:
- Verizon Wireless activated 4G LTE in Roanoke, VA and surrounding communities of Smith Mountain Lake, Christiansburg, Radford City, Buena Vista City, Lexington City and Rockbridge, VA.
- Expanded Washington, DC 4G LTE footprint now includes southeast portion of Prince George's County, MD.
- December 2011:
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE reaches 195 markets and more than two-thirds of all Americans.
- April 2012:
- Verizon Wireless extends its 4G LTE coverage along the I-81 corridor in Virginia, reaching Harrisonburg, Martinsville and Staunton. Coverage is also enhanced southward from Prince William and Stafford Counties into Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
- May 2012:
- The beach communities in North Carolina's Outer Banks now have access to 4G LTE. Coverage also is extended in southwest Virginia to include Danville.
- June 2012:
- Lynchburg, Virginia comes online. Additional enhancements in Fredericksburg and surrounding counties are completed, and coverage is extended across the West Virginia border to Beckley.
- July 2012:
- Verizon Wireless activates its 4G LTE in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- October 2012:
- Additional enhancements are made to provide continuous 4G LTE coverage from western Virginia to Bluefield, West Virginia.
- December 2012:
- Just two years after its initial launch, Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE coverage includes 470 markets nationwide, more than all other carriers combined.
Verizon Wireless Completes $301 Million In Washington, DC, Maryland & Virginia Network Enhancements In 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.