TAMPA, Fla., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Walter Investment Management Corp. (NYSE: WAC) ("Walter Investment" or the "Company") announced today that it has closed on two separate purchases of Fannie Mae mortgage servicing rights ("MSRs") for loans and other intangibles totaling $132 billion in unpaid principal balance ("UPB"). The company also announced it had completed the acquisition of the originations and capital markets platform of Residential Capital, LLC ("ResCap"). Of the MSR and other intangibles acquired, $44 billion in UPB was purchased from ResCap and $88 billion in UPB was purchased from Bank of America.
Mark J. O'Brien, Walter Investment's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are quite pleased to have completed these acquisitions from ResCap and Bank of America. The Fannie Mae MSRs and other intangibles are a tremendous fit with our capabilities and represent very attractive additions to our servicing portfolio. Along with the ResCap originations platform, these acquisitions enhance our position as a leader in the sector and augment our ability to continue to capitalize on the variety of opportunities resulting from the evolving structural changes within the space. These transactions are the culmination of tremendous efforts by the entire Walter Investment team and I commend them for their performance."
About Walter Investment Management Corp.Walter Investment Management Corp. is an asset manager, mortgage servicer and originator focused on finding solutions for consumers and credit owners. Based in Tampa, Fla., the Company has over 3,700 employees and services a diverse loan portfolio. For more information about Walter Investment Management Corp., please visit the Company's website at www.walterinvestment.com. SOURCE Walter Investment Management Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV