CHICAGO, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group today announced its slate of candidates for election to serve on the company's board of directors. CME Group shareholders will vote for directors at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
The Board also agreed to move forward with the adoption of a majority voting standard and plans to formally adopt amendments to its Bylaws and Corporate Governance Principles prior to its 2013 annual meeting.
"Today's action is the latest in a series of steps we have taken to further strengthen CME Group's corporate governance practices," said Terry Duffy, Executive Chairman & President, CME Group. "Our move to declassify the Board effective in 2014 and the expiration of our shareholder rights plan demonstrate our commitment to corporate governance."
The Class A and Class B shareholders voting together will elect nine candidates to the board. Additionally, the Class B-1 and Class B-3 shareholders will each elect a candidate to the board.The following candidates will be elected by the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together:
- Terrence A. Duffy, 54, Executive Chairman and President, CME Group
- Charles P. Carey, 59, Former Vice Chairman, CME Group; Partner, Henning and Carey Trading
- Mark E. Cermak, 61, Director, Execution Services, ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago
- Martin J. Gepsman, 60, Independent Broker and Trader
- Leo Melamed, 80, Chairman Emeritus, CME Group; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Melamed and Associates, Inc.
- Joseph Niciforo, 52, Principal, Henning and Carey Trading
- C.C. Odom II, 70, Independent Member/Trader; Sole Proprietor, Odom Investments and Argent Venture Capital
- Jack F. Sandner, 71, Retired Chairman of the Board, CME Group; Chairman, E*Trade Futures, LLC
- Dennis H. Suskind, 70, Retired Partner, Goldman Sachs & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV