CHICAGO, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group today announced its slate of candidates for election to serve on the company's board of directors. CME Group shareholders will vote for directors at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
The Board also agreed to move forward with the adoption of a majority voting standard and plans to formally adopt amendments to its Bylaws and Corporate Governance Principles prior to its 2013 annual meeting.
"Today's action is the latest in a series of steps we have taken to further strengthen CME Group's corporate governance practices," said Terry Duffy, Executive Chairman & President, CME Group. "Our move to declassify the Board effective in 2014 and the expiration of our shareholder rights plan demonstrate our commitment to corporate governance."
The Class A and Class B shareholders voting together will elect nine candidates to the board. Additionally, the Class B-1 and Class B-3 shareholders will each elect a candidate to the board.The following candidates will be elected by the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together:
- Terrence A. Duffy, 54, Executive Chairman and President, CME Group
- Charles P. Carey, 59, Former Vice Chairman, CME Group; Partner, Henning and Carey Trading
- Mark E. Cermak, 61, Director, Execution Services, ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago
- Martin J. Gepsman, 60, Independent Broker and Trader
- Leo Melamed, 80, Chairman Emeritus, CME Group; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Melamed and Associates, Inc.
- Joseph Niciforo, 52, Principal, Henning and Carey Trading
- C.C. Odom II, 70, Independent Member/Trader; Sole Proprietor, Odom Investments and Argent Venture Capital
- Jack F. Sandner, 71, Retired Chairman of the Board, CME Group; Chairman, E*Trade Futures, LLC
- Dennis H. Suskind, 70, Retired Partner, Goldman Sachs & Co.