ANA to seek damages from Boeing for 787 woes
TOKYO (AP) â¿¿ Japan's All Nippon Airways is prepared to recoup from Boeing whatever damages it suffers from flight cancellations and other costs caused by the worldwide grounding of 787 jets, a senior executive said Thursday.
All Nippon Airways Co.'s chief financial officer said the airline was focused on investigating the cause of the 787 battery problems, and it was not yet in damage negotiations with Boeing Co. He also said efforts were focused on minimizing flight disruptions and revenue losses by using other aircraft.ANA, the biggest customer for the Dreamliner with 17 of the jets in its fleet, canceled 459 domestic and international flights this month, resulting in about 1.4 billion yen ($15.4 million) in lost revenue. It is unclear when the aircraft will be cleared by regulators to fly again. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average fell 49.84 points to 13,860.58. The Standard and Poor's 500 fell 3.85 points to 1,498.11. The Nasdaq composite fell a fraction to 3,142.13. Benchmark oil for March delivery fell 45 cents to close at $97.49 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, rose 65 cents to $115.55 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London. Wholesale gasoline lost 1 cent at $3.03 per gallon. Natural gas was flat at $3.34 per 1,000 cubic feet. Heating oil rose 1 cent to $3.13 a gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV