TEMPE, Ariz., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LifeLock, Inc., an industry leader in proactive identity theft protection, and the FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association ( FBI-LEEDA) will provide a free, one-day identity theft summit for local law enforcement officials in Arizona. The award-winning educational summit will be hosted by the Peoria Police Department on February 7.
"It's no secret that identity theft is a serious crime whose victims range from children to the elderly. The criminals behind this crime can be unscrupulous, filing tax returns on behalf of hard-working individuals or even re-routing the mail of unsuspecting homeowners," said Todd Davis, LifeLock Chairman and CEO.
The training features keynote speaker, Justin Feffer, a 24-year law enforcement veteran, and is open to chiefs, sheriffs, investigative supervisors, fraud unit investigators, patrol officers and community policing personnel. Attendees of the summit will be presented with in-depth instruction on the technological resources available to assist in identity theft investigations, as well as hands-on learning with tools used by today's identity thieves, including the use and demonstration of trending technologies and tampering devices."Identity theft awareness is significant across the board; from our community members to our law enforcement officials who are combatting the crime first hand. Through our partnership with the FBI-LEEDA we are able to help further educate officials as well as offering consumers educational presentations," said Davis. This will be the 6th training presented in Arizona since 2008, previously held in the cities of Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and Prescott Valley. According to the Federal Trade Commission's 2011 Consumer Sentinel Report, Arizona ranked 4th in nation for identity theft complaints directly behind Florida, Georgia and California. Details for the One-Day Identity Theft Summit in Peoria, AZ:
- The Peoria summit will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 7 at the Peoria Police Department, Peoria Room , 8351 W. Cinnabar Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85345.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV