News Summary: Small Business Hiring Survey
By The Associated Press
SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT: A survey by the lobbying group National Federation of Independent Business shows that employment ticked higher in January, the second straight monthly increase.
STILL CAUTIOUS: The NFIB's chief economist, William Dunkelberg, says hiring levels are back where they were in April 2012, but owners are still holding off on big moves. And he expects the government's report that the economy shrank at an annual rate of 0.1 percent in 2012's fourth quarter to keep owners cautious.
FRIDAY'S BIG REPORT: The Labor Department's report on January employment will give further clues about the state of hiring at small businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV