Elan Corporation, plc (“Elan”) (NYSE: ELN) announced that, following the close of trading today, Elan, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Elan Science Three Limited, agreed to sell, on customary terms, all of its remaining 7,750,000 ordinary shares of Alkermes plc (“Alkermes”) (NASDAQ: ALKS) through Jefferies & Company, Inc. pursuant to Rule 144 under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933. The sale is expected to close on February 6, 2013.
In September 2011, upon the combination of Elan’s Drug Technology (EDT) business with Alkermes, Inc., Elan received 31,900,000 ordinary shares in the newly created Alkermes. In March 2012, Elan sold 24,150,000 ordinary shares of Alkermes in an underwritten public offering. After the closing, Elan will no longer own any ordinary shares of Alkermes.
Elan Corporation, plc is a neuroscience-based biotechnology company committed to making a difference in the lives of patients and their families by dedicating itself to bringing innovations in science to fill significant unmet medical needs that continue to exist around the world. Elan shares trade on the New York and Irish Stock Exchanges. For additional information about the Company, please visit www.elan.com.###
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV