XBRL Detailed Tagging Workshop For SEC Filers Announced, May 23, 2013, New York
NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- XBRL US, the national consortium for XBRL business information reporting, announced today that it will conduct its 2 nd annual one-day workshop on detailed footnote tagging with an emphasis on learning best practice and avoiding common errors. The workshop will go beyond basic XBRL training on mapping and tagging, and delve into specific best practice topics such as the proper handling of dimensions, decimals, data types and calculation weights.
Creating high quality XBRL financials is more important now than ever, as the limited liability protection for most public company submissions in US GAAP will expire for filings submitted on or after August 15, 2013.
Whether preparing XBRL with an in-house solution or with an outsource provider, managing the quality of XBRL submissions is essential, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has expressed the need to improve the quality of XBRL filings.
During the workshop training, case studies for five footnote examples, including pensions, segments, fair value measures, share based payments and PP&E will be used to illustrate best practice with real-world examples. The most common errors and how to guard against them will be covered as well. Participants will also learn how to refine their XBRL controls process, incorporating the AICPA Principles & Criteria, working with the SEC's Edgar Filer Manual and employing the appropriate validation methods.Attendees will also learn how their XBRL document is used by investors and regulators with an explanation of how the components of their document, e.g., calculation relationships, presentation relationships and dimensions, work together to produce financial data in XBRL format. What: Interactive sessions with roundtable discussion, real-life case studies and in-class exercises mean attendees walk away with:
- How to implement best practice, well beyond basic training in mapping and tagging
- Understanding of how the XBRL document is translated into data used by shareholders and regulators
- How to refine the XBRL controls and review process through validation, applying AICPA Principles & Criteria, using the SEC Edgar Filer Manual
- 8.5 CPE credits
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV