Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE: CBB) announced today that Ted Torbeck has been named Chief Executive Officer of the company and member of the Board of Directors. He succeeds Jack Cassidy, who has been elected Vice Chairman of the Board.
Jack Cassidy (Photo: Business Wire)
Formalized by the Board in a vote this morning and effective immediately, the move is part of Cincinnati Bell’s established succession plan.
“The Board shares my confidence that Ted will lead the company successfully through its next chapter,” said Mr. Cassidy. “Over the past two years, under Ted’s leadership, Cincinnati Bell Communications has provided support for the growth of the data center business and has successfully invested in and grown the company’s fiber-based products for both consumer and business. Ted has a strong vision for the future and a comprehensive plan to achieve growth in the business and consumer markets. I’m confident that he and his team will move the company forward.”
Mr. Cassidy will have a new leadership role at Cincinnati Bell as Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors. “Jack’s extraordinary leadership and courage were instrumental in Cincinnati Bell’s transformation from a struggling long-haul fiber carrier to a vibrant telecommunications and data center company,” said Phil Cox, Cincinnati Bell Chairman of the Board. “Cincinnati Bell’s highly successful IPO of CyrusOne Inc. marks the final chapter of Jack’s service as CEO but does not mark the end of his contributions. Jack will continue to provide leadership and vision in his role as Vice Chairman of the Board.”About Ted Torbeck Ted Torbeck is CEO of Cincinnati Bell Inc. He joined Cincinnati Bell in 2010 as President and General Manager of Cincinnati Bell Communications. In that role, he was responsible for all Cincinnati-based communications businesses, which include Cincinnati Bell Telephone and other wireline companies, Cincinnati Bell Wireless and CBTS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV