Key business metrics for the quarter ended December 31, 2012:
- Number of general purpose reloadable (GPR) debit cards activated was 1.85 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, a decrease of 0.13 million, or 7%, over the fourth quarter of 2011. Excluding the discontinued TurboTax program in both periods, activations increased 6% over the fourth quarter of 2011
- Number of cash transfers was 11.04 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase of 1.90 million, or 21%, over the fourth quarter of 2011
- Number of active cards at quarter end was 4.37 million, an increase of 0.17 million, or 4%, over the fourth quarter of 2011. Excluding the discontinued TurboTax program in both periods, the increase was 6% over the fourth quarter of 2011
- Gross dollar volume (GDV) was $4.3 billion for the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase of more than 13% versus the fourth quarter of 2011. Excluding the discontinued TurboTax program in both periods, GDV increased 18% over the fourth quarter of 2011
- Purchase volume was $3.2 billion for the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase of $0.4 billion, or 13%, over the fourth quarter of 2011. Excluding the discontinued TurboTax program in both periods, purchase volume increased 16% over the fourth quarter of 2011
Please refer to the Company's latest Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for a description of the key business metrics described above. The following table shows the Company's quarterly key business metrics for each of the last eight calendar quarters:
|Number of GPR cards activated||1.85||2.01||1.98||2.23||1.98||1.96||1.82||2.21|
|Number of cash transfers||11.04||10.52||10.14||10.09||9.14||8.87||8.28||7.98|
|Number of active cards at quarter end||4.37||4.42||4.44||4.69||4.20||4.15||4.10||4.28|
|Gross dollar volume||$||4,279||$||4,070||$||3,980||$||4,823||$||3,771||$||4,109||$||3,632||$||4,609|
Select Business Updates
- Green Dot has entered into a new multi-year contract extension with Kroger. Green Dot products have been sold at Kroger's supermarkets since 2007 and the new agreement involves additional placement inside various convenience stores owned and operated by Kroger.
- Green Dot successfully completed the migration of its Green Dot-branded products into Green Dot Bank, thereby completing the integration of its bank acquisition and delivering the ability to more effectively roll out new products, realize cost efficiencies, and generate new revenue streams via interest income on balances held at the bank.
- Green Dot recently launched the public beta of GoBank. GoBank is the first bank account designed from scratch for the smartphone generation. GoBank provides users with a fast, fair and feature-rich banking experience-all on a smart phone. Green Dot plans to roll out GoBank to the general public in the first half of 2013, and is optimistic about GoBank's potential to serve a complementary segment of customers through new distribution channels.
"2012 was another year of solid growth and profitability with very strong cash generation. Green Dot has no debt and ended the year with nearly half a billion dollars of total cash and investment securities, inclusive of nearly $200 million in unencumbered cash. While we are pleased with Green Dot's Q4 performance, there still remains a great deal of uncertainty in our business going into 2013 as we expect continued headwinds from enhanced risk controls and competition to play out through much of the year before we can expect stabilization. While our company has performed well thus far in this new environment, this ongoing uncertainty is reflected in our 2013 guidance," said John Keatley, Green Dot's Chief Financial Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV