SDK 3 includes:
- Common SDK with broad support across all OCTEON families of processors
- Latest Linux Kernel, device drivers and Tools – 3.4 Kernel, GCC 4.7, GDB 7.4
- Advanced user space application layer
- Extended Virtualization support – LXC Container and LibVirt
- Simple Executive libraries, sample code and tools – bare metal operating system
- Yocto Project Build Tools or rpm build system
- Cycle Accurate Simulator for OCTEON
- LTTng – Tracing Tools
- Real Time Linux support
- Eclipse based IDE FastStart program – includes 5 seat license
New to SDK 3 are options for customers to sign up for commercial grade support with guaranteed response times, time to initial workaround and time to final resolution, all specified as part of a commercial service level agreement. Both Annual Unlimited and Annual per Incident packages are available and include maintenance and security patch streams.
Cavium offers production-ready TurboDPI software and Data Plane Acceleration Toolkits that utilize the features in our SDKs and the extensive range of OCTEON hardware acceleration capabilities to speed DPI, packet handling, TCP, IP, SSL and IPSEC processing.
Cavium also offers a wide range of services delivered by our world-class solutions and services team to assist customers with their projects and speed their time to market.
SDK 3 is based on the same Linux 3.4 that both MontaVista and Wind River have chosen for their distributions, which will make porting of applications significantly easier.
The main SDK 3 for OCTEON II is available now to early access customers.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in
San Jose, California
with design team locations in
. For more information, please visit:
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in
the United States
and other countries.
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.