Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading developer and marketer of proprietary enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries, today reported operating results for its fiscal 2013 third quarter ended December 31, 2012, and raised its revenue and adjusted operating income forecast for the full year.
Summary of Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter Financial Results
- Total net revenue increased $15.6 million, or 30%, to $67.2 million from $51.6 million in the prior-year period. Revenues for the Company’s Hospitality segment increased $6.5 million, or 30%, year over year, while revenues for the Company’s Retail segment rose $9.1 million, or 31%, from the prior-year period.
- Recurring revenues (which are comprised of support, maintenance and subscription services) for the quarter were $19.4 million, an increase of 6% over the same period in fiscal 2012.
- Gross margin was 35% in the fiscal 2013 third quarter compared to gross margin of 39% in the prior-year period. The decrease in the margin reflects a change in the mix of the products sold in the period.
- Adjusted operating income (excluding stock-based compensation, amortization of intangibles and other one-time items) increased $3.3 million year over year to $2.1 million from an adjusted operating loss of $1.2 million in the year-ago period (see reconciliation below).
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) from continuing operations grew to $1.7 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, compared with an adjusted net loss of $1.4 million, or ($0.06) per share, last year (see reconciliation below).
- Net income for the period was $0.5 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, for the fiscal 2013 third quarter compared to a net loss of $6.5 million, or ($0.29), in the prior-year period, inclusive of a loss of ($0.03) from discontinued operations in the prior-year period.
James Dennedy, President and CEO of Agilysys, commented, “Our operating results for the third quarter and first nine months of fiscal 2013 reflect our expectations from the strategic initiatives implemented in the middle of fiscal 2012. Our personnel have eagerly embraced our strategy and as a result, we are delivering increased quality to our customers and value to our shareholders. Our success to date with the Company’s refocused business strategy is reflected in the growth of our Hospitality business, which continues to outpace growth in the overall industry, and in our ability to optimize the strong cash flow generated by our Retail business.