ST. LOUIS, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) announced that its Board of Directors, at a regularly scheduled meeting held today, declared a quarterly dividend on its common stock of 37.5 cents per share. The dividend is payable on April 26, 2013, to shareowners of record on April 5, 2013.
In other matters, Monsanto also announced that at its annual meeting held today, shareowners elected four members of its Board of Directors to new three-year terms:
- David L. Chicoine, Ph.D.
- Arthur H. Harper
- Gwendolyn S. King
- Jon R. Moeller
Shareowners also approved a proposal by the Board of Directors to amend the Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation of the Company to declassify the Board of Directors. The amendment will phase out the present three-year, staggered terms of directors and instead provide for the annual election of directors. Directors will be elected to one-year terms of office beginning at the company's 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareowners. Voting results on this and other matters will be included in the company's Form 8-K.
About Monsanto CompanyMonsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. To learn more about our business and our commitments, please visit: www.monsanto.com. Follow our business on Twitter ® at www.twitter.com/MonsantoCo, on the company blog, Beyond the Rows® at www.monsantoblog.com, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed. Contact: Sara Miller (314-694-5824) SOURCE Monsanto Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV