FALLS CHURCH, Va., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scaled Composites, a wholly owned subsidiary of Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC), announced today that it has named Kevin Mickey president and Cory Bird vice president, effective immediately.
Photos accompanying this release are available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=16950 .
"Kevin and Cory have been instrumental in keeping the trains of innovation moving for over 20 years," said Paul Meyer, vice president and general manager of Advanced Programs Development at Northrop Grumman. "I am confident in their ability to continue the great work that started it all, bringing ingenuity and perseverance to realize concepts never before thought possible."Mickey has been with Scaled Composites for 23 years, most recently as executive vice president and general manager. During his tenure, Mickey held several key leadership positions including vice president, chief financial officer and general manager. As an aerospace veteran, Mickey has been engaged in the development and execution of over 25 manned flight vehicles including Space Ship One and Two as well as White Knight One and Two, Proteus and Firebird. In addition, he helped to secure Scaled Composites' selection for the $10 million Ansari X-prize – a contract to assist in the development and demonstration of the first privately funded manned spacecraft to exceed an altitude of 328,000 feet. Prior to joining Scaled Composites, Mickey held positions of increasing responsibility in project management and leadership at Lockheed Martin Skunk Works.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV