Consumer Loan assignment volumes depend on a number of factors including (1) the overall demand for our product, (2) the amount of capital available to fund new loans, and (3) our assessment of the volume that our infrastructure can support. Our pricing strategy is intended to maximize the amount of economic profit we generate, within the confines of capital and infrastructure constraints.
Unit and dollar volumes grew 2.4% and 6.0%, respectively, during the fourth quarter of 2012 as the number of active dealers grew 24.9% and average volume per active dealer declined 17.5%. We believe the decline in volume per dealer is the result of increased competition. We increased advance rates in April 2012 and September 2012, which positively impacted unit and dollar volumes while reducing the return on capital we expect to earn on new assignments. We believe these advance rate increases had a positive impact on economic profit as we believe the positive impact of the increased dollar volume exceeded the negative impact of the reduced return on capital.
The following table summarizes the changes in Consumer Loan unit volume and active dealers:
|For the Three Months Ended December 31,|
|Consumer Loan unit volume||41,442||40,482||2.4||%|
|Active dealers (1)||4,001||3,203||24.9||%|
|Average volume per active dealer||10.4||12.6||-17.5||%|
(1) Active dealers are dealers who have received funding for at least one dealer loan or purchased loan during the period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV