CHELMSFORD, Mass., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brooks Automation, Inc. (Nasdaq:BRKS), a leading worldwide provider of automation, vacuum and instrumentation solutions for multiple markets, including semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Fiscal First Quarter 2013 Financial and Operational Highlights:
- Revenues were $98.0 Million; Order Bookings were $92.6 million;
- Life Sciences revenues increased 10% on a year-over-year basis;
- GAAP Loss Per Share was $(0.14); Adjusted Loss Per Share excluding special charges was $(0.06);
- Cash flow from operations was $5.1 million;
- Cash, Cash Equivalents and Marketable Securities, as of December 31, was $142 million, or $2.17 per diluted share with no Debt;
- Generated 21 Design-in-Wins for Semiconductor and Adjacent market customers.
|Summary of GAAP and Non-GAAP Earnings|
|Fiscal 2013||Fiscal 2012||Fiscal 2012|
|$000's except EPS||1st Quarter||4th Quarter||1st Quarter|
|GAAP Net Income (Loss) attributable to Brooks||$ (9,236)||$ 116,217||$ 2,823|
|GAAP Diluted Earnings (Loss) per share||$ (0.14)||$ 1.77||$ 0.04|
|Adjusted Net Income (Loss) attributable to Brooks||$ (3,842)||$ 5,496||$ 3,607|
|Adjusted Diluted Earnings (Loss) per Share||$ (0.06)||$ 0.08||$ 0.06|
A reconciliation of non-GAAP measures to the most nearly comparable GAAP measure follows the consolidated statements of operations, balance sheets and statements of cash flows included in this release.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts