CHELMSFORD, Mass., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brooks Automation, Inc. (Nasdaq:BRKS), a leading worldwide provider of automation, vacuum and instrumentation solutions for multiple markets, including semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended December 31, 2012.
- Revenues were $98.0 Million; Order Bookings were $92.6 million;
- Life Sciences revenues increased 10% on a year-over-year basis;
- GAAP Loss Per Share was $(0.14); Adjusted Loss Per Share excluding special charges was $(0.06);
- Cash flow from operations was $5.1 million;
- Cash, Cash Equivalents and Marketable Securities, as of December 31, was $142 million, or $2.17 per diluted share with no Debt;
- Generated 21 Design-in-Wins for Semiconductor and Adjacent market customers.
|Summary of GAAP and Non-GAAP Earnings|
|Fiscal 2013||Fiscal 2012||Fiscal 2012|
|$000's except EPS||1st Quarter||4th Quarter||1st Quarter|
|GAAP Net Income (Loss) attributable to Brooks||$ (9,236)||$ 116,217||$ 2,823|
|GAAP Diluted Earnings (Loss) per share||$ (0.14)||$ 1.77||$ 0.04|
|Adjusted Net Income (Loss) attributable to Brooks||$ (3,842)||$ 5,496||$ 3,607|
|Adjusted Diluted Earnings (Loss) per Share||$ (0.06)||$ 0.08||$ 0.06|