NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Lindsey Bell: Facebook (FB) reported earnings last night. They beat the quarter and mobile revenue, which a lot of analysts look at, surged. Jim, the stock is down about 5% today. What's going on?
Jim Cramer: OK. Well, first, some people were disappointed in the earnings, which are so-called down. I mean, I think, like
(AMZN), they could show much better earnings but they're spending a fortune.
Lindsey Bell: You know what, a lot of analysts downgraded it today, saying there's going to be margin pressure because they're going to spend. But if you're a growth company, don't you have to spend?
Jim Cramer: Well, this is the dichotomy. I always like to look at it in terms of holders. There are a lot of holders who are expecting, at any given time, a pop, a better-than-expected earnings
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV