WOODBRIDGE, N.J., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northfield Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq:NFBK), and its subsidiary, Northfield Bank, announced the promotion of Steven M. Klein to President. In this new role, Mr. Klein will have overall responsibility for planning, organizing, and controlling the day-to-day activities of the Company and the Bank.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16949
John W. Alexander, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Steve is eminently qualified and deserving of his new position as President. He has demonstrated significant leadership at Northfield and has played an important role in the company's evolution from being a mutual bank to a fully public company. He brings to the position over two decades of experience in community bank and active involvement in industry matters. Steve will play a vital role in the future success of our organization."Mr. Klein joined Northfield as Chief Financial Officer in March 2005, and was also named Chief Operating Officer in 2011. Mr. Klein will relinquish his role as Chief Financial Officer in connection with this appointment. Previously, Mr. Klein was an audit partner with KPMG LLP serving the community banking practices of New Jersey and Philadelphia. Mr. Klein earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business and accounting from Montclair State University. He is a Certified Public Accountant and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. He is a member and serves on various committees of the New Jersey Bankers Association and the American Bankers Association. Mr. Klein also serves as a Trustee of the CentraState Healthcare System and as a director of the Middlesex Water Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV