ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operations of the ACE Group, today announced the introduction of a new product -- an enhanced ACE Public Entity Retained Limits Policy Endorsement -- which is designed to cover the unique pollution risks faced by public entities. The enhanced policy combines public officials liability with pollution liability coverage to include reimbursement for environmental cleanup costs, auto and mobile equipment upset and overturn, including cargo, as well as fungi and mold coverage, thus providing a comprehensive group of coverages in a single insurance solution. This coverage is available for municipalities, counties, public schools, special districts, agencies and authorities, and utilities.
“ACE continues to demonstrate its commitment to the unique specialty coverage needs of public entities,” said Paul Cunney, Vice President, ACE Public Entity Practice Leader. “The addition of this environmentally-focused endorsement further demonstrates our commitment to providing insurance and risk management solutions.”
“ACE’s new policy enhancement shows our ongoing commitment to risk managers serving public sector clients by offering them a customized approach to addressing their unique environmental exposures associated with the day-to-day operations of their political subdivisions, agencies and authorities,” said Jon Peeples, Vice President, ACE Environmental Risk.
Key features of the policy enhancement include:
- Sudden and Accidental Pollution Coverage with Time Element and Named Perils
- Includes coverage for pesticides and herbicides
- Remediation expenses covered both on-site and off-site
- Auto and mobile equipment upset and overturn, including Cargo
- Fungi coverage is optional
- Limits available up to $2M
- Simplified submission process, which includes Commercial General Liability, Auto Loss History and Property Schedule
- Responsive underwriting staff with strong expertise in providing environmental risk solutions
- Dedicated environmental claims specialists