NORTHFIELD, Ill., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) today announced the appointment of Deanie Elsner to the newly created role of Chief Marketing Officer, reporting directly to company CEO, Tony Vernon. As the company's first CMO, Elsner will be responsible for building on the strength of Kraft's unrivaled brands through the development of world-class marketing and innovation that drives consumer engagement and contributes to the company's volume and revenue growth.
"Kraft is focusing its resources and energies on leveraging our great brands, people and innovation to drive growth," said Vernon. "Establishing the CMO position will enable us to harness the power of these tremendous assets. Deanie is uniquely qualified to pioneer this role given her success in building some of the world's most iconic brands throughout her 20-year career at Kraft."
Elsner most recently served as President of Kraft's Beverages business, where she was responsible for the manufacturing, marketing and sales of Maxwell House coffee, one of the company's billion-dollar brands, as well as Kool-Aid, Capri Sun, Country Time, Crystal Light , Gevalia and Tassimo. Under her leadership, the Beverages business achieved one of the most successful new product introductions in Kraft's history with the launch of MiO, a liquid water enhancer on pace to exceed $200 million in revenues.Elsner previously managed Kraft Foods Inc.'s European coffee business, and is credited with having orchestrated its turnaround while establishing a roadmap for category success. Before that, she served in numerous brand-management positions at the company. She has been with Kraft since 1992. "I look forward to applying my knowledge of this business and its iconic brands to market and deliver innovative products that are in sync with today's consumer lifestyles," said Elsner.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV