PERTH, Western Australia, Jan. 31, 2013 /CNW/ - Coalspur Mines Limited ("Coalspur" or "Company") (ASX: CPL, TSX: CPT) is pleased to present its quarterly report for the three months ending 31 December 2012.Highlights:
- The Company secured a US$300 million senior debt commitment (the " Facility") from EIG Global Energy partners (" EIG").
- Proceeds from the Facility will fund the majority of the development capital required to achieve first production at the Vista Coal Project (" Vista")
- The Facility is expected to be executed and effective by the end of the quarter ending 31 March 2013
- Securing this funding helps maintain the timeline for Vista where construction is scheduled to commence in 2013 with first production in 2015
- The Company completed an optimisation study (the " Study") on Vista. Highlights of the Study include:
- Development capital to achieve first production reduced to C$527 million ( C$343 million lower than the Vista Feasibility Study)
- Through utilising mining contractors development capital can be reduced by further C$82 million, to approximately C$445 million
- Coalspur agreed to binding key terms for a definitive commercial transportation agreement (the " Agreement") with CN Rail.
- Key terms of the Agreement include rates, term and escalation
- The Agreement provides Coalspur with up to 12.0 Mtpa of rail allocation and is structured to reflect the production profile of Vista
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company announced that its largest shareholder, the Highland Park Group (" Highland Park") had exercised its option to purchase additional ordinary shares in the Company.
- Highland Park exercised 12,724,669 options at an exercise price of A$0.70 per option, and now owns 153,840,202 ordinary shares which represents approximately 24.3% of the ordinary shares currently outstanding in the Company
- Holders of a further 669,333 options with an exercise price of A$0.70 per option also exercised their options to acquire further shares
- Total funds raised from the exercise of options was A$9,375,801
- The Company advised that it will change its financial year end from 30 June to 31 December, commencing December 31, 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts