SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech released its annual Social Media @Work research – a report that looks at the social media consumption habits of business technology decision makers and marketers. The Social Media @Work report affirms the critical role social media plays in the business technology market and how it continues to change the way people work, live and play.
The full report, including strategies that marketers can use to maximize social media to engage IT decision makers, can be downloaded from CreateYourNextCustomer.com, an online resource for technology marketing best practices, research and solutions. Access the free report at http://bit.ly/WzkiMy; registration is required.
Study highlights include:
- Social media influences and drives IT purchase decisions: 66% of tech professionals say that they have used social networking sites to obtain information for a technology purchase.
- 92% of IT respondents have taken one or more actions as a result of using social media, including visiting a vendor web site, or contacting a vendor directly for more information, and registering to download content such as research or a white paper.
- Social media is gaining credibility among IT professionals: 42% of respondents say that social media is "productive" — an increase from 36% two years ago. The percentage of respondents who describe it as simply "fun" decreased by 6 points.
- Social media has also gained credibility with tech marketers – the majority of tech marketers surveyed now have a business presence on all four of the major social networking platforms, with close to 90% maintaining a business presence on Twitter and Facebook, 84% who have a business presence on LinkedIn, and about three-quarters on YouTube.
"Social media is now completely ingrained into the workflow of business technology decision makers," said Scott Vaughan, UBM Tech's Chief Marketing Officer. "This poses challenges for tech marketers who lack resources to develop and execute effective, cohesive social media strategies. Our report incorporates practical tips to help even the most time-strapped tech marketers leverage social media as part of their overall marketing strategies."To download an executive summary of UBM Tech's latest Social Media @Work research, please visit: http://bit.ly/WzkiMy. The executive summary was authored by UBM Tech CMO Scott Vaughan and Research Director Amy Doherty. UBM Tech's latest Social Media @Work report is based on research conducted across 462 business technology professionals involved in IT purchasing and 155 B2B tech marketers in late 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV