ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) recently sponsored the New Mexico FIRST LEGO League (FLL) state championship competition held on Jan. 26 at Albuquerque Academy. The purpose of the FLL competition is to immerse children in real-world science and technology challenges.
In addition to being a first-time gold sponsor of the program, Northrop Grumman employees volunteered to provide onsite expertise during the competition.
"It's exciting for Northrop Grumman to support kids who are passionate about using science, technology, engineering and mathematics [STEM] to develop solutions to problems that face today's scientists," said Kelly Whalen, sector vice president of strategy, business development and innovation, Northrop Grumman Technical Services. "We are committed to doing our part to reverse the trend of declining student interest in STEM education and help students become talented innovators as they prepare to enter the workforce."Teams designed their own solutions to a current scientific question or problem, and built autonomous LEGO robots that perform a series of missions. The 2012 challenge, which covers the 2012-2013 school year, involved students ages 9 to 14 developing "Senior Solutions" aimed at enabling a better quality of life for senior citizens. The students explored the topic of aging and how it may affect a person's ability to maintain his or her lifestyle – solving issues such as getting around, keeping in touch and staying fit. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Jenae Journot 703-713-4486 firstname.lastname@example.org Michelle Bohlen 443-558-5067 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV