Another under-$10 stock that's trending within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Vringo (VRNG), which provides products for mobile video entertainment and personalization. This stock has jumped higher during the last three months, with shares up 28.5%.
If you take a look at the chart for Vringo, you'll notice that this stock is just starting to trend back above its 50-day moving average of $3.25 a share, which is technically bullish action. This move is quickly pushing shares of VRNG within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in VRNG if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.35 a share to its 200-day moving average at $3.52 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action 4.6 million shares. If that breakout hits soon, then VRNG will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $3.83 to $4.42 a share. Any high-volume move above $4.42 will then put $5 to $5.73 into range for shares of VRNG.Traders can look to buy VRNG off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and then simply use a stop that sits close to some near-term support at $3.04 a share. One can also buy off strength once VRNG takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits just below its 50-day moving average of $3.25 a share. I would add to either position once VRNG takes out $3.83 to $4.42 a share with volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV