For everyone who wants this market to develop, there is someone who objects to the market's implications. Thus the industry remains in the startup stage, with devices like
And that's the problem. BlackBerry is entering a mature, mass market, where a 1% market share requires that you sell 16 million units in a single year. Hiring singer Alicia Keys as creative director,
That's why BlackBerry stock is falling today. It needs the mass market. Niches won't do.
At the time of publication the author had positions in GOOG and AAPL.Follow @DanaBlankenhorn This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV