Currently, Bloomberg reports Michael Dell may look to take control of Dell by rolling an equity stake in the company worth nearly $4 billion, a further investment of up to $1 billion, and between $1 billion to $2 billion in equity from Silver Lake and Microsoft.
The total equity of the deal, Bloomberg reports, would be between $8 billion and $9 billion, indicating that a similar amount of debt would be needed to take the company over, given Dell's current market cap of $23 billion.
While some analysts have puzzled over how a takeover consortium might be able to raise such financing, Moody's analysis may indicate options for investors, in addition to a still unclear ability to repatriate the near $14 billion in cash and cash equivalents that currently sit on Dell's books.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV