- Since 2010, residents of the Beach Cities have seen their well-being climb three points for an overall composite well-being score of 76.4. Research demonstrates that each point in well-being improvement equates to a statistically significant percent decrease in the likelihood of hospital admission and ER visits and in the likelihood of incurring healthcare costs 1;
- Obesity: Physical health has improved considerably in the Beach Cities, with a 14 percent reduction in obesity, or an estimated 1,645 fewer adults than in 2010 who are obese, which equates to a $2.35 million savings on healthcare-related costs for Beach Cities businesses, insurers and residents 2;
- Smoking: Smoking rates among Beach Cities residents dropped by 3,484 or more than 30 percent, as just 7 percent of Beach Cities residents indicated they smoke, compared to 10.6 percent in 2010 (and compared to 16 percent statewide and 21 percent nationally). This improvement equates to a $6.97 million savings in healthcare-related costs since 2010 3;
- Exercise: The number of residents who reported engaging in exercise at least 30 minutes, three times per week, climbed by more than 10 percent since 2010; and
- Healthy eating: Nearly 10 percent more residents report healthier eating habits than in 2010, eating five or more servings of fruits and vegetables, on four or more days in the past week.
Beach Cities Residents Report Dramatic Increases In Well-Being, Far Outpacing Improvement In California And Nation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.