Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With Facebook (FB) receiving a number of downgrades from analysts Thursday, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com that he's also not recommending the stock, but not for the same reasons.
Cramer said there's no doubt that Facebook is taking the Amazon.com (AMZN) approach to building the company, spending a ton of money to own the space they're in. That notion is scaring a certain segment of investors, said Cramer, and some near-sighted analysts as well.
But there's also another segment of investors, the growth investor, who can look through the short term and see what Facebook, and Amazon for that matter, will look like -- not in 2013, but in 2015. Those investors are here to stay, said Cramer, but in the meantime investors need to be cautious until all of the short-term guys have given up.-- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV