ASC Further Extends Cease Trade Order Against Edmonton-based Prosperity Development Group And Saileshwar Narayan
CALGARY, Jan. 31, 2013 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has further extended its Interim Cease Trade Order against Edmonton-based Prosperity Development Group Ltd. and its principal and director Saileshwar ( Sal) Narayan until an enforcement proceeding has been concluded and a decision rendered in this matter.
The Interim Cease Trade Order prohibits all trading in or purchasing of Prosperity Development Group securities. Narayan and Prosperity Development Group are also prohibited from trading in or purchasing all securities and are denied the use of any Alberta securities laws exemptions.
The ASC issued the original Interim Cease Trade Order against Narayan and Prosperity Development Group on June 27, 2012 and first extended it on July 9, 2012.
In the related Notice of Hearing, ASC staff allege that Narayan and Prosperity Development Group engaged in a course of conduct related to Prosperity Development Group securities that they knew or ought reasonably to have known perpetrated a fraud on Alberta investors. ASC staff also allege that Narayan and Prosperity Development Group made false or misleading statements to investors in an offering document and failed to provide disclosure of a material change as required by Alberta securities laws.Copies of the most recent extended Interim Cease Trade Order and Notice of Hearing can be found on the ASC website at www.albertasecurities.com. The ASC is the regulatory agency responsible for administering the province's securities laws. It is entrusted to foster a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and to protect investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets. SOURCE Alberta Securities Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV