5 Best Places to Buy Foreclosures in 2013
Third-best market: Albany/Schenectady, N.Y.
New York State's capital suffers from the same long foreclosure process and distressed-property backlog that's hitting Gotham, according to Blomquist.
RealtyTrac found that Albany has an 86-month supply of seized homes on the market -- and saw foreclosure filings soar 107.7% in 2012.All told, foreclosure buyers in this 871,000-population metro area some 120 miles north of New York City got 35% average price breaks during 2012's first 10 months. RealtyTrac predicts more of the same in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV