ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has delivered the first of eight Common Infrared Countermeasures (CIRCM) missile defense systems to the U.S. Army two months ahead of schedule.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=16943 Northrop Grumman successfully completed acceptance testing with the Army on the first CIRCM suite of equipment and delivered a complete hardware set. This testing, which confirmed system performance, size, weight and power compliance, was completed two months ahead of schedule and validates the Northrop Grumman offering as capable and mature.
The system was delivered under a $31.4 million Technology Demonstration contract to develop the next generation of aircraft survivability equipment to defend helicopters against man-portable air-defense systems and other heat-seeking munitions. The system is now scheduled to enter reliability testing."With the growing proliferation of infrared threats, it is more important than ever that our troops have effective protection from these missiles," said Jeffrey Palombo, vice president and general manager of Northrop Grumman's Land and Self-Protection Systems division. "This early delivery confirms the maturity of our CIRCM solution and is an important step toward getting this technology into the field. We will make certain that our CIRCM system performs beyond the Army's expectations and remains ready to address evolving threat contingencies at a moment's notice."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV