Gov. Says Utah Is Strong, Economy Recovering
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) â¿¿ Utah Gov. Gary Herbert says Utah is recovering from the economic downturn and should continue to ensure it is enacting business-friendly policies.
Job creation and a business-friendly outlook were some of the key points of Herbert's annual State of the State address delivered Wednesday evening.
Herbert called on lawmakers to fund the relocation of the Utah State Prison to free up about 700 acres of land for technology companies to set up shop near Draper.
A 2005 study estimated the move would cost more than $400 million.The governor also touted Utah's 5.2 percent unemployment rate, well below the national rate of 7.8 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV