Military, Families, Veterans, Remembered By Millions During Red Cross Holiday Mail For Heroes Program
WASHINGTON, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American public remembered members of the U.S. military, their families and veterans by sending in more than 1.2 million cards during the sixth annual Holiday Mail for Heroes program, a joint initiative of the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes.
The holiday cards bearing messages of thanks and gratitude were distributed all over the world, on military bases and in military hospitals, veteran's hospitals and to military families in the U.S. and abroad. All across the country, people from all walks of life sent in cards, remembering the men and women who serve their country.
This year, nine National Football League teams supported the program by helping host card-signing events at games and celebrities such as Trace Adkins supported the campaign. Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate held card signings on Capitol Hill. The first families of Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Georgia visited military and veterans' hospitals to distribute cards."We thank all the generous people who collectively sent in more than a million cards this year," said Sherri Brown, senior vice president, Service to the Armed Forces at the Red Cross. "The cards went to people all over the world, to places far and near, including ships at sea. These expressions of thanks and cheer make the holidays a little brighter for those who have sacrificed so much for our country." The cards went to a special post office box operated by Pitney Bowes, who screened, packaged and shipped the cards at no charge to Red Cross offices around the world. Red Cross and Pitney Bowes volunteers helped screen, sort and deliver the holiday greetings to the military, veterans and their families.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV