MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearfield, Inc. (Nasdaq:CLFD) today announced the FieldSmart Fiber Scalability Center (FSC) Below-Grade OSP Cabinet. While thousands of traditional FieldSmart FSC Cabinets have set the bar for fiber access, protection and density among outside plant cabinets, this innovative below-grade design delivers identical features and functionality, with installation out-of-sight within an underground vault. The FieldSmart FSC Below-Grade Cabinet is available for PON, cross-connect or hub collapse environments.
In OSP application environments where placement or easement permitting is not cost-effective, the FSC Below-Grade Cabinet can leverage existing below grade assets and facilities in polymer concrete or HDPE vaults and handholes. In environments where above grade placement of cabinets, pole-mounted or on the ground, is prohibited, the FSC Below-Grade Cabinet meets the requirement without sacrificing the key fiber management rules of access, bend radius protection, physical fiber protection and route diversity.
"A below-grade design alleviates the aesthetic issues of a traditional deployment, and is able to do so without adding significant cost to the product," explains Johnny Hill, chief operating officer at Clearfield.Swing-Up Locking Mechanism Provides Ease of Access The FSC Below-Grade Cabinet provides a swing-up and locking mechanism for easy and quick dual-door access to the Clearview Cassette building blocks and cabinet splitters. Watertight entry and exit ports secured with Sealcon grommets and heavy-duty stainless steel fasteners, ensure watertight and airtight deployment. Up to 72 hours of water intrusion protection is assured should the cabinet become submerged due to flooding or run-off. Up to 432 ports of connectivity are delivered across a variety of transport and configuration methods:
- In a cross-connect configuration, the FSC Cabinet supports a user defined feeder-to-distribution ratio without real estate penalty.
- In a PON configuration, the FSC Cabinet is the complete solution for managing 288 fibers for FTTx applications.
- In a Hub Collapse configuration, the FSC Cabinet is designed for the cable operator looking to separate their passive infrastructure from the electronics without the need for a standard hub architecture, thereby reducing operating costs associated with Moves, Adds and Changes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts