To help customers run and deploy business-critical applications and workloads they depend on, Dell today announced new workload-optimized solutions for the SAP HANA
platform that enable customers to confidently deploy Dell server, storage and networking systems running SAP HANA. Dell also announced
Active System Manager
7.0, the management layer for
, Dell’s converged infrastructure offering, that integrates IP from recently acquired
to help customers rapidly deploy business applications and IT services. These new products and certifications advance Dell’s Enterprise strategy of creating scalable, flexible data center solutions bringing together hardware, software and services.
Workload-Centric IT Infrastructure is the Future
Forrester Research recently concluded that a workload-centric IT infrastructure is the future for technology deployment models
. According to its research, “the inside-out, technology siloed approach to IT infrastructure needs to stop. Instead, IT infrastructure needs to become workload-centric. In other words, design the server, storage, and networks in your data center on what matters most (your workloads), and not the other way around.”
“Customers should focus on their business and the applications and workloads that will help them compete in today’s dynamic marketplace. This means using integrated infrastructure and solutions that are optimized for applications,” said Dario Zamarian, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Systems and Solutions, Dell. “Today, Dell is giving customers the confidence and agility they need to implement the workloads that matter most to their business, not to mention lifting the financial burden with better Total Cost of Ownership and lower Operating Expenses.”
Dell Solutions for SAP HANA Turn Data Into Insights
Designed for SAP solution-based workloads, Dell’s scale out solutions represent the first time
technologies achieved SAP certification for running SAP HANA as a pre-integrated system. With highly-available configurations that scale from 1 terabyte to more than 4 terabytes, these pre-integrated systems are based on the same architecture employed in Dell’s single-server appliances. By leveraging these enterprise-class solutions, customers can:
- Further optimize SAP solution workloads and instantly explore and analyze operational information from virtually any data source with pre-integrated systems and services certified by SAP for running SAP HANA.
- Simplify ordering and speed deployment with pre-integrated systems that are preconfigured, pre-built, and pretested.
- Provide enterprise-class operation and performance by leveraging the systems management, automated tiering, energy efficiency and scalability capabilities built into Dell Servers and Dell Storage technologies.
- Reduce time to value with a comprehensive suite of Dell Services including assessment, installation, training, analytic solution design and development.
- Further ensure a simplified, cost-effective upgrade path without being subjected to a “rip and replace” scenario required by a multiple platform design strategy.
SAP chose Dell Services
as one of its technology partners for Dell’s ability to deliver solutions on a global scale. For customers adopting SAP HANA, Dell Services provides support in the form of assessment, analytic solution design and development, deployment, training, support and managed services.
SAP HANA is a completely re-imagined, real-time database platform. It streamlines analytics, planning, predictive and sentiment analysis to allow business to operate in real time.