HOPKINTON, Mass., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Isilon further extends the benefits of its scale-out NAS solutions in archival storage with new support for 4 terabyte drive technology available immediately worldwide.
- New support enables a single EMC Isilon volume to scale up to 20 petabytes , delivering 33% more capacity per rack, as well as an efficiency increase of 30% less power per rack.
- Support for 4 terabyte drives also enables EMC Isilon to increase resilience at scale with faster rebuild times for failed drives and superior data protection, further simplifying management of archive data.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced support for 4 terabyte drives for EMC ® Isilon's industry-leading scale-out NAS solutions. With this enhancement to its X-Series and NL-Series products, EMC Isilon ® further extends the inherent benefits of its scale-out NAS archiving solutions — ease-of-use, highly scalable capacity and performance, auto-management and self-healing — by delivering capacity of up to 20 petabytes in a single volume, providing 33% more capacity and utilizing 30% less power per rack.Enterprises across a wide spectrum of vertical markets are seeking more efficient and cost-effective ways of building and managing large, rapidly-growing information repositories. Rapid growth of file-based data has increased the need for highly-scalable and efficient archive storage solutions that meet business, legal and regulatory compliance requirements in markets such as government, healthcare and media & entertainment. With these drivers top of mind across industries, the need for efficient and cost-effective disc-based archive solutions has never been more important. With EMC Isilon, archival information benefits from the robustness of the OneFS operating environment's proven capabilities for protecting and optimizing the flow of information within an organization. Enterprises capture these benefits without sacrificing application performance or the specialized data protection required for long-term archive data retention via archive applications from EMC or other vendors. EMC Isilon also offers increased resilience at scale with faster drive rebuild times, superior data protection and industry-leading efficiency. The power of the Isilon scale-out cluster rebuilds active and archive data in case of a drive failure much faster than traditional systems — less than one day, compared to multiple days or even weeks with most traditional systems. Isilon's N+4 data protection through FlexProtect ™ file striping helps customers reduce the risk of data loss and improve overall availability even as the cluster grows. As data archives get larger, the significance of these factors increases proportionally while EMC Isilon effortlessly scales from terabytes to petabytes. New support for 4 terabyte drives enables more capacity in the same footprint while providing the standard Isilon utilization rates of more than 80%. For example, per rack capacity is now 1440TB with NL400 nodes, a 360TB increase in the same footprint. With 4 terabyte configurations, customers need fewer nodes to meet the same total capacity goals. Now, only seven NL400 nodes with 4 terabyte drives are needed as opposed to ten NL400 nodes with 3 terabyte drives to achieve the same raw one petabyte of capacity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV