NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, (NASDAQ: NEWT), The Small Business Authority , is proud to announce that it has attracted and retained the talent of Eric Turille. Eric will be joining Newtek as President of Newtek Merchant Solutions, which is formally known as Universal Processing Services of Wisconsin. Eric is the former President of First National Bank of Omaha, Merchant Services, former COO and Head of Sales at Vital Processing, former COO of Retriever Merchant Services and has served on several VISA and MasterCard committees. Eric has a vast background, with over 20 years of experience in operations, sales and marketing in the electronic payment processing space. Eric will be directly responsible for the day to day operations of our electronic payment processing business, in conjunction with Kim Olszewski, Chief Operating Officer of Newtek Merchant Solutions, who has been with the organization since 2005.
Barry Sloane, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Newtek Business Services said, " Eric Turille, who is an electronic payment processing industry expert, has over 20 years of management and executive expertise in the areas of operations, sales and technological development. Eric adds to the depth of our current management operating team and will help us combine our efforts in technology and payment processing to grow our eCommerce presence. We are excited about Eric joining the organization to help grow our valued electronic payment processing and eCommerce business. We believe the addition of Eric Turille, as well as Randy Sagar and Sunny Dronawat, will lead us to exceptionally higher performance in the electronic payment processing segment."
Eric Turille said, "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to bring my skill set in the electronic payment processing industry to Newtek Business Services. With over 25 years' experience in working the industry, I believe this is a tremendous opportunity to integrate electronic payment processing products into many small businesses through eCommerce, the Newtek Advantage™ and alternative distribution channels. Newtek is an excellent choice for me to further my career aspirations. Newtek is a tremendously strong player in the electronic payment processing space and I seek to further enhance their presence and profitably."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Newtek Advantage™ : Mobile real-time operating platform for business intelligence. The Newtek Advantage™ puts all critical business transactions in real-time. Access data on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC as it relates to eCommerce for credit/ debit transactions, website statistics, payroll, insurance and business loans.
- Electronic Payment Processing : eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce : A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending : Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services : Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll : Complete payroll management and processing services.