Office Depot (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office products and services, today announced that it has been recognized by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force with the 2013 Corporate Leadership Award. The award was presented during the 25th National Conference on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Equality: Creating Change, and acknowledges Office Depot as a corporation that effectively partners with and supports the LGBT community and its LGBT associates. The conference, which took place January 23 – 27, in Atlanta, Ga., is the nation’s largest annual gathering of LGBT rights activists and allies.
“We are honored to receive the 2013 Corporate Leadership Award from the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force,” said Michael Allison, Executive Vice President of Human Resources for Office Depot. “Office Depot believes in providing equal opportunities, rights and benefits to all of our associates, and we feel it is imperative to conducting a successful business and recruiting the best talent. In addition, diversity and inclusion play a vital role in the entirety of our supply chain.”
The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force presented Office Depot with the Corporate Leadership award in recognition of the Company’s support for its LGBT associates, which includes establishing a long list of internal benefits and protections, notably health benefits to transgender associates. The Company also assists LGBT-owned businesses through leadership efforts in supplier diversity and strategic relationships with LGBT business enterprises. In addition, Office Depot supports and belongs to a variety of LGBT organizations and causes, including the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV