- Both are at the top in their fields. No two entities enjoy and endure such a cult following. They are equally beloved and despised. Check out the message board battlefields of fans and enemies emotionally defending their overzealous support or loathing.
- Both underwent significant changes. Woods completely changed his swing three times, underwent four knee operations and endured a very sordid and publicly dissolved marriage. Apple lost its leader and inspirational soul in Steven Jobs.
- Both are industry leaders in style. Woods powerful influence instantly made the mock collar acceptable at stuffy country clubs. Apple's sublime design and packaging made every product feel special -- and their competition 20th century archaic.
- Both inspired their competitors to make wholesale changes. Fitness buff Woods inspired doughy foes to hit the gym. Apple inspired competitive innovation to raise their smartphone capabilities and ergonomics.
- Both are facing the warning signs of their own mortality. Woods is a not-so-spry 37 years old, struggles with an iffy driver and facing formidable rivals -- especially the No. 1 golfer and new Nike (NKE - Get Report)stable mate Rory McIlroy. He's also running out of feasible opportunities to nab those hallowed four to five major trophies. To wit, Phil Mickelson's entire career has yielded four major wins.
Why Tiger Woods and Apple Are Cursed
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts