Stratasys (SSYS) ($77.25) plunged on the popping of the bubble in 3D print companies. The stock traded as high as $92.30 on Jan. 22 and as low as $76.40 on Jan. 29, still well above its 200-day SMA at $61.60. My semiannual value level is $69.09 with a monthly pivot at $77.52 and weekly risky level at $87.07.
Seagate Technology (STX) ($33.89) beat EPS estimates by 11 cents, earning $1.38 per share, but the company warned, and the stock fell from $37.41 at the close on Jan. 28 to a low of $33.60 on Jan. 29. The stock has a buy rating and remains above its 200-day SMA at $29.16. My quarterly value level is $29.58 with a semiannual pivot at $34.43 and weekly risky level at $39.57.
VMware (VMC) ($77.65) missed EPS estimates and plunged from $98.32 at Monday's close to a low of $76.33 on Jan. 29, breaking below the 200-day SMA at $93.84. My monthly value level is $71.52 with a semiannual risky level at $82.46.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV