Kimco Realty Corp . (NYSE: KIM), the nation’s largest owner and operator of neighborhood and community shopping centers, has launched a corporate responsibility website for tenants, investors and consumers to learn about the company’s stewardship activities and how they benefit the wider community. Through the website, Kimco will spotlight initiatives that positively impact its customers and tenants, reduce its environmental footprint, improve operational efficiencies, and create new value opportunities.
The site focuses around four key fundamental principles:
1. REthink Business: details Kimco’s efforts to create new sources of value, and address issues of concern to the industry
2. REnew Community: describes Kimco’s community-building and employee volunteer efforts3. REstore Environment: outlines Kimco’s environmental sustainability initiatives 4. REsources: provides formal reporting, alliances and partnerships, and policies Kimco has invested in multiple corporate responsibility initiatives over the past few years. These include implementing a utility management program to monitor resource use and reduce expenses at individual centers; pioneering landlord-installed solar panels at shopping centers to reduce tenant energy costs; developing a lighting control system that reduces parking lot electric consumption by 25 percent; and partnering with the International Council of Shopping Centers to develop a first-of-its-kind Property Efficiency Scorecard. In addition to highlighting program initiatives and milestones, the website will provide visitors with an interactive experience through video and links to Kimco’s corporate blog and Twitter feed ( @KimcoCR). “We developed the site to create a dedicated forum for stakeholders to learn about our corporate responsibility program and the successes that we’ve had to date,” said Will Teichman, Director of Sustainability at Kimco Realty. “In the past few months, many stakeholders have inquired about what Kimco was doing in the corporate responsibility arena. Most were happily surprised to learn that we were doing so much, but asked why we weren’t sharing our story in a more public way. This new site gives us an ideal platform to share our sustainability successes while establishing the forward momentum, purpose, and accountability needed to achieve our future vision.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts