Sarama Defines 11km-Long Gold-in-Soil Anomaly At Its Gbarpolu Property In Liberia & Increases Its Interest In Pedsam Properties To 65%
TSX-V Ticker: SWA SWA.WT
VANCOUVER, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Sarama Resources Ltd. (" Sarama" or the " Company") is pleased to report that a 11km-long gold-in-soil anomaly has been defined by geochemical surveys at the Company's Gbarpolu exploration property in western Liberia. Sarama has also increased its interest in the Pedsam Mining Limited (" PedSam") properties in Liberia to 65% after achieving the required earn-in milestones.
- An 11km-long gold-in-soil anomaly has been defined by a geochemical survey on the southern portion of the Company's Gbarpolu exploration property.
- The anomalous zone is coincident with a major geological feature identified by a detailed airborne geophysical survey in an area that hosts artisanal gold mining activity.
- A second parallel trend, extending approximately 3.5km along strike, has also been identified.
- Sarama increases its interest in the Cape Mount, Gbarpolu and Grand Bassa exploration properties to 65% after achieving earn-in milestones.
Sarama has received assay results for a soil geochemical survey it undertook on its 400km² Gbarpolu exploration property in 2012. A principal sample grid spacing of 400m (east-west) x 50m (north-south) was used for the surveys with several areas being sampled at a higher density (200m x 50m spacing) after being identified as high priority targets from earlier work conducted by Sarama.The survey identified an 11km-long gold-in-soil anomaly in the southern portion of the property, adjacent to active artisanal gold mining sites and co-incident with several geologically prospective features identified by an airborne geophysical survey conducted by the Company in 2012 (refer Figure 1). Of note is a parallel, co-incident geochemical and geophysical trend, extending approximately 3.5km along strike, within the main zone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV