Amanda Wagemaker, Investor Relations
Copies of financial data and other publicly filed documents get filed on SEDAR at
www.sedar.com or on EDGAR at
www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml under "Atlantic Power Corporation" or on the Company's
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements
To the extent any statements made in this news release contain information that is not historical, these statements are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and forward-looking information as defined under Canadian securities law (collectively, "forward-looking statements").
Certain statements in this news release may constitute "forward-looking statements", which reflect the expectations of management regarding future growth, results of operations, performance and business prospects and opportunities of the Company and its projects and other matters. These statements, which are based on certain assumptions and describe the Company's future plans, strategies and expectations, can generally be identified by the use of the words "may," "will," "project," "continue," "believe," "intend," "anticipate," "expect" or similar expressions that are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and which do not relate solely to present or historical matters. Examples of such statements in this press release include, but are not limited, to statements with respect to the following:
- the expectation that the average remaining PPA life of the Company's portfolio will increase 19% from 9.7 years to approximately 11.4 years after the currently proposed projects and facilities sales;
- the expectation that the Company will successfully sell the projects and facilities currently proposed for sale, including Delta-Person, Gregory, Auburndale, Lake, and Pasco and on the contemplated timetable and at the expected price, where applicable;
- the expectation that the Company will use net proceeds from the Sale to fully repay the Company's senior credit facility, and that the senior credit facility is expected to have an outstanding balance of approximately $67 million; and
- the expectation that the Company's 53 MW biomass project under construction in Georgia will achieve COD in the first quarter of 2013.
Forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties, should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of whether or not, or the times at or by which, such performance or results will be achieved. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the factors discussed under "Risk Factors" in the Company's periodic reports as filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and applicable securities regulatory authorities in
from time to time. Although the forward-looking statements contained in this news release are based upon what are believed to be reasonable assumptions, investors cannot be assured that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements, and the differences may be material. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release and, except as expressly required by applicable law, the Company assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances. The financial outlook information contained in this news release is presented to provide readers with guidance on the cash distributions expected to be received by the Company and to give readers a better understanding of the Company's ability to pay its current level of distributions into the future. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes.
SOURCE Atlantic Power Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts