SAN JOSE, Calif., and SINGAPORE, Jan. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today announced a new highly-integrated smart gate drive optocoupler device, the ACPL-339J. The device is a 1A output current gate drive optocoupler with dual outputs optimized for driving both high-side and low-side gates of the MOSFET buffer stage. The ACPL-339J features an internal active timing control circuitry preventing cross conduction and minimizing switching losses in the MOSFET buffer stage.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16848
Expanding upon previous generations of market-proven smart gate drive optocoupler devices, the ACPL-339J is designed to further maximize gate drive design scalability for motor control and power conversion applications ranging from low to high power ratings. Uniquely designed to support MOSFET buffer of various current ratings, the ACPL-339J makes it easier for system engineers to support different system power ratings using one hardware platform by interchanging the MOSFET buffers and power IGBT/MOSFET switches. More importantly, these changes can be made without redesigning the critical circuit isolation and short circuit protection."Driven by our key customers for next generation gate drive design platforms, the ACPL-339J is a response to a growing need of scalable gate drive design that can support MOSFET buffer of various current ratings," said Kheng-Jam Lee, marketing director of Avago's Isolation Products Division. "The ability to support different MOSFET buffers with one gate drive optocoupler device not only simplifies the hardware design for customers, but also enables the design platform to address a wide range of power ratings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV