Financial Highlights – Fourth Quarter 2012
Financial Highlights – Full Year 2012
- Consolidated sales and revenues of $3.99 billion.
- Net income of $253.5 million.
- Cash generated by operations of $602.4 million.
- Financial Services pretax income of $78.7 million.
- Research and development expenses of $66.4 million.
- Capital investments of $156.8 million.
- Manufacturing cash and marketable securities of $2.4 billion at December 31, 2012.
Global Truck Market Update
- Record consolidated sales and revenues of $17.05 billion.
- Net income of $1.11 billion.
- Cash provided from operations of $1.52 billion.
- Record Financial Services pretax income of $307.8 million on assets of $10.80 billion.
- Capital investments of $511.0 million.
- Research and development expenses of $279.3 million.
- Medium-term note (MTN) issuances of $2.16 billion.
- Dividend declarations and share repurchases of $722.0 million.
- Record year-end shareholders’ equity of $5.85 billion at December 31, 2012.
“In 2012, DAF achieved a record European market share of 16.0 percent in the above 16-tonne market, the highest share in its 84-year history. DAF is the market leader in the European tractor segment as fleets recognize DAF’s product quality leadership, low operating costs and excellent resale value,” said Harrie Schippers, DAF president. “Industry sales above 16-tonnes in Western and Central Europe were 222,000 units in 2012. It is estimated that industry sales in the above 16-tonne truck market in Europe in 2013 will be in a range of 210,000-250,000 units as some customers are expected to purchase Euro 5 vehicles ahead of the introduction of the Euro 6 emission requirement in 2014. Production of the new DAF XF with the new PACCAR MX-13 Euro 6 engine will commence in spring 2013. The new products strengthen DAF’s position as the leading provider of integrated transport solutions,” added Schippers.