On an adjusted basis, operating profit increased $58 million or 4.4%, and operating margin expanded to 15.4%, despite challenges created by Hurricane Sandy. Revenue grew 3.0% and revenue per piece increased 1.7%, driven by base rate improvements in both ground and air products.
As a result of the pension mark-to-market adjustment, the segment reported an operating loss of $1.8 billion, on a U.S. GAAP basis.
This holiday season, the B2C market took advantage of the unique consumer experience offered by UPS My Choice. Reflecting its popularity, subscribers have grown to almost 2.5 million. This innovative service reduces missed deliveries to customers and lowers UPS operating costs.
|International Package||4Q 2012||4Q 2012||4Q 2011||4Q 2011|
|Revenue||$3.20 B||$3.15 B|
|Operating profit (loss)||($442 M||)||$499 M||$334 M||$505 M|
|Operating margin||(13.8 %||)||15.6 %||10.6 %||16.0 %|
|Average volume per day||2.7 M||2.6 M|
Strong demand for UPS products in Asia and Europe led to a 5.5% increase in average daily export volume, increasing revenue to $3.2 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV